Sunday, March 2, 2008

He Said, She Said...



Okay, so in my last post I stated that I noticed a trend appearing: the candidates seemed to be taking shots much more frequently at each other. It would most certainly appear that this is in fact the case, and the candidates are just getting more critical of each other. I saw this article on Fox News.com and it really just seemed highlight this point. The title says it all: Obama Tries to Shake Off Questions About His Foreign policy. As I read the article I noticed several things that just seemed a little strange and led me to believe that perhaps the article could have been a bit more throughout in their reporting.
One thing that was prevalent throughout the entire article was an endless amount of quotes from Obama. Most of the quotes included in the article seemed to be framed in a sense that makes them seem like they were cropped and cut to be used specifically for this article’s context. I understand that this can have a greater impact to the readers, but in this case a story that should have COMPLETE the coverage, it seemed to have a negative impact on Obama, and Clinton as well. Another thing that hurt the ethos of the article and the author were some of the comments that were made after the quotes. One that stands out in particular is; “whether he was a closet Muslim.” This comment just seemed to be unnecessary and the article could have gone without it.
“Democrat Barack Obama” these are the first words of the article, right off the bat, for some reason, this just seemed funny to me. It just seemed as if they wanted to push the point that Obama is a democrat. In my personal opinion I think they could have had a bit more tact with their introduction, and that is my personal opinion.
It really seems that it will ultimately come down to a giant session of He said, She said. For the first part of this article much of it is quotes that just go back and forth from what Clinton said then to what Obama said in his defense, and vice versa. It is unfortunate when the Associated Press manipulates statements and quotes to further various agenda’s. This just goes to show that you shouldn’t always necessarily believe what you read.

No comments: